Brown salt-glazed stoneware; turned, incised, enameled. Shallow, cylindrical shape, with slightly rounded sides; turned, tapered rim, with turned molding below; encircled near the rim with a rounded narrow band of pewter; the sides with incised diamond faceting, enameled blue and white with red outlines; two circular panels on the front, the left panel with the Lamb of God, wearing a yellow halo and carrying a cross with a red-and-white pennant, the other with a white pelican with red and green wings, pecking her breast to feed three small birds below her, inscribed "DER PELICAN" in a ribband above; dated "1644" in white between the two panels; sloping base rim, inscribed in white enamel ".WER.HIR.AVS.DRYNCKT.ZU.IETER.FRIST.DEN.GESEGNES. DER.LIBE.HERR.IESV.CHRIST"; applied loop handle with molded grotesque mask enameled in yellow, with a green mustache, and long blue beard with central yellow band; inscribed merchant's mark incorporating "4/S/Cross" and "1.644" in white enamel; domed pewter cover hinged to the handle, with shell thumb-piece and turned, elaborate finial; three stamped marks on the front, two with an elaborate ewer with scrolled handle, "Z/P/1 [?]/3" in the corners of a shield, and another shield with crossed hammers and "S/B"; inscribed inside in black ink (?) "G V Elly [?]"; angular pewter rim on the bottom; flat, partly unglazed base, with small piece of red sealing wax; glue residue from missing square Beinecke collection label.