Henry William Stiegel, who opened a glasshouse in Manheim, Pennsylvania, in 1764, was also a manufacturer of bottles. His main interest, however, was fine lead glass tableware in the English tradition. He advertised a wide assortment of table glass, including tumblers and decanters in several sizes. Unfortunately, none of the products from his factory, which closed in 1774, is signed. One of Stiegel’s wineglasses was made to commemorate the marriage of his daughter, Elizabeth, to William Old. The couple’s initials appear on the glass. This is the only known piece that can be positively attributed to the Stiegel glasshouse. It was acquired by the Museum from Stiegel’s descendants.