This candlestick of the Boston & Sandwich Glass Company of Sandwich, MA, was acquired by the Museum in 2007. It was made in 1829 or shortly after and matches a drawing made by Deming Jarves, head of the Boston & Sandwich Glass Company, in a letter to his glasshouse superintendent, William Stutson, dated January 20, 1829, shortly after pressing of tableware was first accomplished. The design of the stem is reminiscent of English glass of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Only two of these candlesticks have turned up in the last 50 years. It is shown in a Boston & Sandwich catalog printed around 1874.