Tourism Department Internship
The Corning Museum of Glass is seeking an intern to assist our Tourism department this Fall.
The Tourism department is responsible for the sales and marketing efforts that help to increase the number of visitors that come to the Museum. We break our efforts into three target markets: individuals and families, group tours, and international visitors. Our work includes traveling to trade shows, taking reservations, creating tour ideas, updating information on our clients in our database, and attending meetings, both within the Museum as well as at regional locations.
Under the guidance of the Tourism Sales and Marketing Manager the intern will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Researching popular itineraries for group tours that visit the Museum
- Helping to maintain accurate records in our client database
- Additional projects based on the time of year and the needs of Museum staff
The intern can expect to learn a great deal about the tourism industry and the different segments that make up tourism. There will be opportunities to interact with other tourism staff in the region and to learn about tourism in the Finger Lakes.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to search online
- Experience in the tourism industry or related coursework is preferred
- Familiarity with database management a plus
This is an unpaid internship and designed for individuals with a strong interest in the tourism industry. Applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter explaining what they hope to gain from an internship with The Corning Museum of Glass, their interest in the tourism industry, and their availability. Email application materials to email@example.com.