Behind the Glass: Curators and Collecting
Did you ever wonder about the people who acquire and care for the works in The Corning Museum of Glass? Hear from our dynamic team of curators as they share information about the Museum’s collection, and talk about their experiences, their favorite objects, and how they think about collecting. This also is a great opportunity to meet our newest curators.
The event will feature:
- Marvin Bolt, the Museum’s first curator of science and technology
- Kelly Conway, new curator of American glass
- Tina Oldknow, since 2000, curator of modern glass
- Audrey Whitty, new curator of European and Asian glass
- Karol Wight, since 2011, executive director and curator of ancient and Islamic glass
This lecture is free and open to the public.
This talk is the first in a new series of Behind the Glass lectures, which take place the second Thursday of the month. These events include the Museum’s popular Meet the Artist lectures, as well as talks by curators and other specialists in the fields of glass, art and archaeology.
Members at the Donor level and above are invited to a reception with the curators at 5:15 pm.
RSVP for both events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 607.438.5600 by January 6.
Not able to attend? This lecture will be recorded and will be available for viewing, in full, on our YouTube channel within 3 days of the event.