Facility Rental Guidelines
As you consider facility rental, please be aware of the following Museum regulations and requirements:
- No smoking is permitted inside the facility. There are easily accessible and beautifully landscaped outdoor areas for those who would like to smoke.
- Posters, signs, and displays may not be set up outside the rental area that you have reserved and paid for. All exhibitions, activities, etc. must take place within the limits of the rental area.
- Nails, screws, tacks, staples or any adhesive materials may not be used to fasten articles to any walls (we can provide easels and other alternative holders).
- Open flames (including candles), pyrotechnics, and live animals are not permitted. All lighting/electrical and audio equipment will be supervised by Corning Museum of Glass staff.
- No food or beverage is permitted in Auditorium Theater Seating.
- Alcoholic beverages or food for sale, consumed, or given away is not permitted without prior arrangement. All catering must be done through Corning Incorporated Culinary Services. All on-site cooking will be supervised by Corning Incorporated Culinary Services personnel.
- All exit doors and aisles must be clear.
- Standing at performing arts events is not permitted.
- Attendance at all events must stay within the approved capacity of the rental area.
- All gambling, games of chance, or raffles require New York State approval.
- All groups requiring the services of a contracted third party must provide evidence of New York Worker's Compensation Insurance and Unemployment Insurance, if applicable to the service rendered.
- Events sponsors must take responsibility for an orderly, organized installation and dismantling of site. Exhibitors are to use designated entrance only. All outside fire lanes must be clear of vehicles, and there is absolutely no parking in the loading dock without pre-approval.
- All rehearsal of installation and dismantling times require pre-approval, obtained at the signing of an Event Rental Agreement.
You will be required to sign the following agreement when you book your event:
Event Sponsor shall indemnify and hold harmless The Corning Museum of Glass its contributors, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against all claims, damages, losses, judgments, and expenses arising out of Event Sponsor's use of the facility which are caused by the negligence, willful act or omission of the Event Sponsor. Details on insurance information will be included in the contract.