60 years [electronic resource] : glass comes to Corning / The Corning Museum of Glass.

Title: 
60 years [electronic resource] : glass comes to Corning / The Corning Museum of Glass.
Description: 
1 videodisc (3 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
Other Authors: 
Spillman, Jane Shadel.
Format of Material: 
Video
Bib ID: 
128978
Find this in the library
Location: 
Streaming Video
Call Number: 
No call number available
Location: 
Audio/Video Collection
Call Number: 
orning Museum of Glass. 60th anniversary videos: Glass comes to Corning
Holdings Note: 
DVD
Variant Title: 
Shelving title: Corning Museum of Glass. 60th anniversary videos: Glass comes to Corning
Glass comes to Corning
Notes: 
Title from title frame.
YouTube title.
Jane Shadel Spillman, curator of American glass at The Corning Museum of Glass.
Produced in conjunction with the Museum's 60th anniversary, 2011.
Elias Hungerford, who patented glass blinds in 1866, looked for a glass factory that would make them. He persuaded the owner of the Brooklyn Flint Glass Works to move to Corning, where both land and labor were less expensive. These blinds led to the arrival of glassmaking in Corning. The original Corning factory was built on Walnut Street, where the headquarters of Corning Incorporated is located today. Hungerford's blinds were never manufactured. In its early years, Corning Glass Works concentrated on making blanks for cutting.
Available as a streaming video file on Corning YouTube Channel.
DVD
See related streaming video, Bib no. 134373.
Not commercially distributed.
Event Notes: 
Produced in conjunction with the Museum's 60th anniversary, 2011.
Series: 
Corning Museum of Glass 60th anniversary videos