Fountain is of cut glass with platform resting upon marble base from which rises a large central shaft surrounded by six smaller columns; a neckpiece supports a large basin with three tiers above. The actual fountain resides inside the Motibagh Palace, though it was originally installed in the palace gardens in 1874.
Illustration taken from journal The graphic.
Date and source supplied by vendor.
"264" -- penciled in on upper right corner.
Portion of article on verso with sub-headings including The steel works, the Devonshire dock, portraits, sketch in Barrow Theatre, and Piel Castle and furness abbey.