Sent to photography January 2011 for inclusion in the 60th Anniversary history book (photography no. 1000102063).
Postcard is of two hand drawn images. Top image is of 200 inch disk with two men, probably George McCauley and John Hostetter, examining disk. Bottom image is of the Glass observatory that housed the 200 inch disk for public viewing in Centerway Square.
"Original 200-inch telescope disc, world's largest piece of glass, and Observatory Museum where it is on exhibition, daily free to the public. The disc which weighs twenty tons was poured at Corning Glass Works, March 25, 1934. The Museum was dedicated September 2, 1939"--
This item is part of a collection of assorted postcards and is in the "Gert Boland Mack" postcard archive.