Published in 2003 by Harry Abrams under the title: Stained glass: from its origins to the present.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. Symbol and story: the art of stained glass --
2. Origins, materials, and the glazier's art / Mary Clerkin Higgins --
3. The revival of monumental architecture and the place of glass --
4. The age of great cathedrals: the thirteenth to fifteenth centuries --
5. Fifteenth- and sixteenth-century transformation of the narrative --
6. Large-scale Renaissance stained glass --
7. The revival of stained glass in the United Kingdom and the United States --
8. Historic revivals in Germany, France, Belgium, Italy and Spain --
9. The opalescent, art nouveau, and arts and crafts movements --
10. The glass of the twentieth century.