Includes bibliographical references (leaves 60-69).
Prepared for Lawler, Matusky & Skelly Engineers, Pearl River, New York.
Preliminary archaeological report of an industrial site where a glassworks was located between 1824-1862 (p. 14-17, 25-26).
The author's state that "George Dummer was to establish what was to become known as the Jersey City Glass Works" (p. 14).
The glassworks George Dummer and Company began operation in 1826. The name was changed to P.C. Dummer and Company in 1830 and became Dummer and Layman in 1843. Dummer and Layman went out of business around 1860 and was replaced by the short-lived glass firm Reed and Moulds.