Browse the Glass Collection
Browse the Library Collection
1. Preheat oven to 350° to 450° F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, salt and sugar.
3. Add hot milk/water.
4. When shortening is melted add lukewarm or cold milk/water.
5. When all liquid is lukewarm, add yeast cake dissolved in milk/water.
6. Add 3 cups of flour and beat thoroughly.
7. Add 2 cups of flour and stir with a knife until well mixed.
8. Add sufficient flour to knead (about 1 cup) and knead until smooth and elastic and bubbles may be seen under the surface.
9. Let rise until double in bulk. Shape and put in greased Pyrex bread pan. Let rise again.
10. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Amount: 2 regular size bread loaves or one double loaf.
Dish: Pyrex Bread Pan, regular or large.
What Shall He Eat? Good Bread and Butter!
No wonder Tommy Tucker longs for his supper. There is nothing more wholesome and enjoyable than good, home-made bread, perfectly baked in PYREX.
The Corning Museum of Glass - One Museum Way - Corning, NY 14830 800.732.6845 or 607.937.5371
Visitor Information In: 中文 | Español | 한글 | Français | Italiano | Deutsch | 日本語 | עברית | Pусский