Sand bubbles [videorecording] / Paramount Picture Company.

Title: 
Sand bubbles [videorecording] / Paramount Picture Company.
Publisher: 
New York : Milestone Film & Video, 2011.
Description: 
1 videodisc (8 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
Other Authors: 
Dorflinger Glass Museum.
Colorlab.
Paramount Pictures.
Milestone Film & Video.
Format of Material: 
Video
Bib ID: 
121350
Find this in the library
Location: 
Audio/Video Collection
Call Number: 
Sand bubbles
Holdings Note: 
DVD
Location: 
DVD
Call Number: 
No call number available
Variant Title: 
Title on container: Sand bubbles : Dorflinger Glass Factory (1916)
Notes: 
Title from title frame.
Originally filmed in 1916 by Paramount Picture Company; and restored in 2011 by Milestone Film & Video and the Dorflinger Glass Museum. The restored film is dedicated to Jay Doros.
Silent film (background music only) with descriptive captions.
"Paramount pictographs"--Top of each caption.
Surrounded by cut glass, John C. Dorflinger appears in this film, holding a vase.
Louis J. Dorflinger, son of the founder of Dorflinger Glass Works, wrote in his diary on Monday, September 25, 1916 that three gentlemen from the Paramount Picture Company came to White HIlls, Pennsylvania to "take pictures" of the glass house and shops and left the next day.
John C. Dorflinger.
Filmed at C. Dorflinger & Sons, Inc. glass factory, September 1916, White Mills, PA.
Scenes throughout the film include an outside view of the factory, workers mixing batch, gathering and blowing of glass, making a footed vase (from start to finish), mold blowing chimneys then heating and cracking off the bottoms before annealing.
DVD.
The preservation of this film was from two 28mm silent prints from 1921, preserved to 35mm by Colorlab. The restoration was then transferred to digibeta, and background music from the Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra was added with permission. George Eastman House was contacted in hopes that they will store all film material. Information provided by Dennis Doros, Milestone Film & Video, 2/24/11.
Event Notes: 
Filmed at C. Dorflinger & Sons, Inc. glass factory, September 1916, White Mills, PA.