A short history of Todd Bros. (St. Helens & Widnes) Ltd. / by Murray Todd.

A short history of Todd Bros. (St. Helens & Widnes) Ltd. / by Murray Todd.

Notice of Upcoming Content and Access Change

The Museum is working on the future of our online collections access. A new version will be available later in 2023. During this transition period, the current version of the Collections Browser may have reduced functionality and data may be not be updated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For any questions or concerns, please contact us.

Todd, Murray, author.
27 pages ; 20 cm.
Format of Material: 
Bib ID: 
Find this in the library
Secured Stacks - Rare Books
Call Number: 
HD9521.9.T6.T63 *
Variant Title: 
History of Todd Bros. (St. Helens & Widnes) Ltd.
The St. Helens Ironworks Co. began in 1859 as a partnership between Hadden William Todd and Richard Pilkington. In 1864, Richard Pilkington retired and was replaced by new partner Charles Todd. The firm name was changed to Todd Bros.
"Thus William Pilkington of Eccleson Hall was the grandfather of the writer of these notes and he and his brother Richard of Windle Hall were the founders in 1826 of Pilkington Bros. Ltd. the larget glass manufacturers in the world"--P. 1.
Additional mentions of the Pilkington glass works on pages 10, 12.